When there are so many various kinds of grass to select from, choosing the correct All Seasons Turf Melbourne for your new lawn may be a difficult process. So, before you make any judgements, ask yourself the following questions.
- Do you want a tough, low-maintenance grass or a lovely decorative lawn?
- Can it deal with children playing football and dogs wandering freely?
- What sort of mower would you use, and how frequently would you need to mow?
Choose only the best item
Most respectable turf providers, such as Amazing Turf, offer All Seasons Turf Melbourne that satisfies industry standards, so double-check to see whether the turf you’re purchasing matches this recognized mark. It’s much easier to narrow down the sort of grass you should be looking for now that you’ve decided on the style of lawn you want.
Finalizing your choice
Do you want a hard-wearing sports turf? that is commonly used on league football and rugby grounds and incorporates hard-wearing dwarf ryegrass types that are also ideal for hard-wearing lawns. Or are you looking for a dark green, high-quality general-purpose lawn? In that scenario, an all-rounder could be a good choice.
This, too, comprises top-quality disease-resistant dwarf ryegrass and fescue cultivars that are expected to perform well in a wide range of settings, on most soil types, and can be mowed with a variety of foot and ride-on mowers.
If you are a homeowner who enjoys spending time in the garden and wants a high-quality lawn that is mowed at least once a week, then a high-end premium cultivated grass turf would be the best option.
However, we would never advocate using a golf green or bowling green fine grass for a home lawn since it is a thoroughbred that would require continuous expert care and conditions to maintain it healthy, which will be unattainable for most individuals.
All about the mowing
A good quality lawn turf comprising a variety of top-grade variants such as dwarf rye, fescue, and smooth stalked meadow grass may be mowed down to 15mm and yet look great in an attractive garden setting.
Choosing a premium brand of Synthetic lawn grass isn’t always required, especially if the price is your primary concern. Even a budget grass will function admirably if it is mowed on a regular basis and well cared for.
Budget grass is perfect for high-wear lawns, particularly those that receive a lot of foot activity from dogs and youngsters. Synthetic turf also used in big leisure areas, vacation parks, and municipal sports fields.
Preparing for the plantation
Whatever type of grass you choose, there are a few essential elements to consider to ensure that your new lawn gets off to a strong start and continues to perform well for many years. The turfing area should always be appropriately prepared for excellent working practices. This generally entails rotovating the soil to a depth of at least 100mm and then raking it down to create a fine, smooth, and uniform tilth.
- A basic tip to follow is to make the soil as smooth and level as you want your final lawn to be – while turf might perform wonders, it won’t hide big flaws once it’s in place.
- Prior to laying, use a low-nitrogen pre-turf/fertilizer.
- So that your footprints don’t make the soil or grass uneven while you’re working, lay turf off of boards like scaffold planks.
- Please don’t tread on the freshly placed turf! Wait for it to root in and be ready for the first mow – generally a few weeks after laying – and be patient.
If you want to know more about the best synthetic grass, feel free to reach out to Amazing Turf at 1300 680 817.